Yeah, followers I’ve been nominated TWICE in the Leibster Awards. Comes check out who I nominated and the nominators questions for me. Expect some witty and honest answers!
I cannot believe that I am nominated for this award and two times at that. Thanks to Saranghewho and Myaddictiontokpop, I can participate in this award process. Sadly, I don’t know much about this award. Everywhere I go there’s a different set of guidelines I have to follow, but I’m going to go with the process of what my nominators did. So, the rules are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions that the nominator gives you.
- Nominated 5-10 bloggers that have less then 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know by going to their blog and notifying them
Sounds simple! I’m going to separately answer the set of questions according to the blog that nominated me. Hopefully, they won’t be upset with my decision, so let’s do it!
- What was your first drama you watched?
Oh, this is easy. The first K-Drama (I think that’s what you are talking about), I’ve watched was Boys Over Flower. I think that everybody’s starter K-drama. Hey, I said I think! I totally start watching Korean dramas after that then it went to Japanese and Taiwanese dramas. Now, I’m a drama addict.
- If you could have your dream job, what would it be?
I want to be an international entertainment journalist or blogger. (Think of OMG! Insider or TMZ, but with ethics.) I just want to do a lot of things with my journalism knowledge and put it towards something that I love to do. I want to travel, hence the international part. I want to go to concerts and review them, hence entertainment. I want to interview celebrities, hence journalist. It’s going to be hard, but that’s what I want to do.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
I really want to go to S.Korea right now for obvious reasons, but I want to visit all the Asian countries. I’m in Thailand right now, so I can check that off the list, but S.Korea is the place I want to go right now.
- If you were stuck on a deserted island what would you bring?
A jetpack. I think I can make it off the island with that, don’t you think?
- Who was your first K-Pop group you listened too?
2PM! Gotta love me some 2PM.
- Most listened to song on you computer/phone/mp3?
B.A.P’s First Sensibility medley. Yes, I know it recently came out, but I replay that video so many times that it’s unhealthy.
- What is your favorite movie?
Hm, I would say Just Wright with Queen Latifah and Common. I had a phase where I only like basketball players, so this movie spoke to me in a way. Queen Latifah being a big girl and was able to snag a hot basketball player…that movie was hope. Seriously, I really love it.
- Who is your favorite K-Drama character of all time?
You’re making me put on my thinking cap today! I think my favorite character of all time is the lead girl from Secret (2013). I totally forgot her name, this is common, but her character was really something. I pick her because she went through a whole lot of shit and was STILL able to find happiness. Jeez, I think this was the second drama that I brawled my eyes out on. Too much to handle.
- What is your favorite blog post you have written?
My favorite blog post is the post I made about B.A.P’s Yongguk deleting the picture of SECRET’s Jieun. The reason why I like that post because I was able to write about something that people were interested in. The day Yongguk deleted his Instagram, that post was the most clicked post on my blog. I had over 800+ views that day because of it. I was happy that my blog was noticed, but another thing that made me happy was that 800+ were interested in Yongguk. They wanted to know about him which made B.A.P get attention, too.
- Who is your number one bias!?
My number one bias is Bang Yongguk. As you all know, he’s my husband bias. I don’t think I told you the reason for that. I used to call him my ultimate bias, but people seem to have a lot of those, so I had to come up with something to differentiate Yongguk from the rest. He is solely my number one bias.
1. What was your first Drama?
Boys Over Flower.
2. Who do you think, has the best fashion style out of any singer/actor you know?
I really like Lee Hyori’s Bad Girl style. She wore a lot of black in that MV and black looks good on everybody.
3. What the weather like outside in your country? (Kpop’s international, son!)
I’m in Thailand right now and it’s 82 degrees. Back in my hometown, it’s snowing. Yeah, I’m loving Thailand right now!
4. What is a drama you couldn’t bring yourself to finish?
Ah, there’s a list. Right now it’s Dong Yi and Dae Geum. Hopefully, I spelled both of those correctly. Hey, they have over 40+ episodes cut me some slack!
5. Who introduced you to KCulture?
My twin sister. She introduced me to 2pm!
6. Have you been lucky enough to visit/live in South Korea?
No, I haven’t, but I’m planning a spring break trip there as we speak! I may be there when B.A.P is promoting! Actually, I may be there when they’re having their concert. Wish me luck y’all!
7. In Kpop, what is your favourite Engrish line?
“Listen babe, I dedicate this song for you!” –Bang Yongguk (Happy Birthday from their Stop it album.) I wouldn’t count it as Engrish, but it’s Bang we’re talking about.
8. Least favourite drama?
To the Beautiful You with f(x)’s Sulli and SHINee’s Minho. Yeah, no. Just no. I couldn’t deal with this drama and stop halfway through it. Though, I did like Onew’s track “In Your Eyes”. That’s my mellow jam.
9. Besides other blogs, what Kpop News sites do you guys visit?
I might get shot if I say this, but I go on AllKpop for most of my K-pop news. Yup, definitely going to get shot.
10. Last question, what is the most listened to song, on your mp3/phone/computer?
B.A.P’s First Sensibility medley. Yup, nuff said.
[UPDATE] I’ve been nominated AGAIN! I just…I’m speechless. Thank you Asia Reviewer Manic for the nomination. Onward to the questions!
1.What got you so interested in Asian culture?
I think everything started with Inuyasha. I got into anime (the Japanese culture) before getting into K-pop (Korean culture). You can’t really separate the two because a lot of K-pop idols sing the openings and closings of anime shows.
2. Do you tend to express your love for Asian culture outside of the blogging world (with friends, family, work or school?)
Oh, I Instagram and Facebook about K-pop most of the time. Everybody knows that I’m the K-pop chick, especially my mom. Seriously, she dropped everything for me to go to the B.A.P concert in DC, so she knows that I love K-pop a lot!
3. If you were able to become fluent in only one language overnight, which would it be and what would you do with such skills?
It’s either Japanese or Korean. I would like to be a translator with those skills. Actually, I’m considering to add a language as my second major.
4. Have you got another hobby apart from blogging? If so, what is it and how often do you do it?
I used to write short stories before blogging, but I don’t do it anymore since in journalism you don’t use a lot of figurative language. I would have to reconstruct my English, again, to be able to write how I used to write.
5. If you were only one of the last two survivors of a zombie apocalypse (cliqued, I know lol), who would your other survivor buddy be?(could be celebrity, family, even your pet ><)
Chuck Norris. Do I need to say more?
6. Which is your all-time favourite variety show?
Ah this is hard, I would have to say Running Man.
7. What is one food you wish to try out?
Sushi, but I’m kind of scared of eating raw fish though.
8. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
This app called iFunny. I recently downloaded it and it’s taking over my life.
9. Who or what is your ideal male/female?
Bang Yongguk. Literally. He’s so kind and caring towards children, he’s not afraid to speak his mind, he’s creative, and the list could just go on and on.
10. One piece of advice for those who are currently blogging/wanting to start a blog?
Just keep blogging. It’s going to be hard to get the views you want to get in the beginning, but if you keep blogging, and setting your standards low, you will gain followers and views. I’ll give you some encouragement, September of 2012 my total views for that month was 121 views. Not so bad, but in September of 2013 the total views for that month was 9,515. Yes, so keep blogging to get the views and believe that you will make it.
Five Blogs I nominate are:
- What was your first ever blog post on WordPress?
- How long have you had your blog?
- Your first accomplishment involving your blog? (i.e. view counts, the amount of followers, etc)
- What’s your favorite variety show?
- What’s your dream country you want to live in?
- Have you ever been to a K-pop concert?
- Which K-pop idol do you want to meet?
- How many K-pop albums do you own?
- How many K-pop songs do you have on your computer/phone/mp3 player?
- Who’s your ultimate bias?
Phew, thinking up questions is hard to do when a lot of them are taken. Sorry, I reused some questions, but I had a brain fart. Again, I want to thank Saranghewho and Myaddicitontokpop for the nomination! Best of luck in the awards!